Internet Markting Basics

I’ve been interested in Internet Marketing every since I’ve bought Michael Cheney’s Adsense Videos. Ever since I’ve been reading a lot about it. However after a year or so I can’t help but notice that the so-called gurus keep repeating themselves. They mostly teach basics or so it seems to me at least. For instance I bought Michael Cheney’s 11 Days To List Profits recently and was a bit disappointed that there wasn’t much new to me, considering that the price tag is higher than his other products. Don’t get me wrong, Michael’s stuff is great if you are new to this field but if you are an advanced learner I wouldn’t buy it.

Granted I’ve been doing Internet stuff full time for the last 10 years but I kind of miss an internet marketer who dares to teach more advanced techniques. I suspect that most gurus don’t do that because this would undermine their position. I guess its like with those Kung Fu masters who teach their students the basics but keep some advanced knowledge to themselves. Thus over generations more and more knowledge about Kung Fu got lost - at least thats what I’ve been told. The alternative is that there isn’t really any “secret stuff” out there, that Internet Marketing is basically very simple. My guess is that the truth is somewhere in-between. And as long as you can make good money with teaching basics not much will change. Another problem is that many gurus don’t really have a sound technical background and thus don’t have a choice. In fact some gurus even boast that they’ve been failures before they’ve made it big in Internet Marketing, and thus basically saying if I can do it so can you. So I’m wondering if anybody can recommend a marketer who specialices on advanced techniques. I’m seriously considering to buy stuff from Randy Baustert who is a real programmer like me and who is doing now IM. He has also been very helpful to me in his forums and made a logo for me. Anyway thats just my 2 cents, let me know your thoughts in the comment section.